Some people have a hard time accepting Mormons’ claim that there are apostles and prophets on the earth today. I can understand where they are coming from. It sounds a little far-fetched, right? Or perhaps it comes off as blasphemous.
Allow me to pose the following question:
Assuming that God exists, why could He not speak to man? Why should we limit His abilities (especially if he’s done so in the past to ancient prophets like Moses)?
“Surely the Lord God will do nothing, but he revealeth
his secret unto his servants the prophets.”
“God is not dead, nor doth he sleep!“
-Henry Wadsworth Longfellow (19th century American poet)
And there ARE prophets on the Earth today!
Truths to Consider:
1) WE ARE ALL ARTISTS! (here’s Prezident Uchtdorf’s take on this…)
2) We ain’t all gonna make it big (and that’s okay, ya’ll!)
3) Stem of Jesse (Jessica!) in the scriptures
4) What insight “The Merchant of Venice” taught me about the HBO filth series “Girls”
5) My take on “The Great Gatsby” in 3 sentences.
6) Haven’t yet written about Mark Twain’s ever famous and influential piece (Huck Finn). Stay. Tuned.
7) What Amanda Bynes (indirectly) taught me about Mormon temples.
8) “American Idol” certainly has produced some talent, but overall is waaaaay over-rated.
9) Hozaboutcha take an exodus from this blog and go read about what Moses says about idols? (here!)
10) Katherine loves wordplay. And admit it, she’s pretty darn awesome at it, huh? 🙂
should lose that scowl!
(muuuuch better, darlin’)
(Kath, refer to your title in an awesome way that only you can…)
this song is one of the best in recent history. just sayin’
So friends please take it to heart, when I say to go make some art!
has, through the years, said publicly many, many tacky, arrogant, sexual, and overall highly inappropriate things with which I find (great) offense. Chris’s wife badly needs to take a course concerning class.
Gwyney, you would do well to learn from mine and John Mayer’s life lessons concerning freedom of speech.
Girl, just cuz you’re thinking it
don’t mean you gotta say it!
Even if it is the truth.
Line of Propriety, Paltrow!
And we’ll save the discussion of the names of your posterity for another post.
Yes. But also this:
And this one is tougher. See if you’re up for it:
Did you get it?