The HBO series “Girls” has done remarkably well in it’s short time of syndication. Creator/producer/director/star Lena Dunham has gained critical acclaim for her series, which purports to depict a realistic look into the gritty lives of 4 young women living in a less than perfect urban New York setting.
I personally am all about the truth and very much appreciate the idea of realism. However, this show REALLY rubs me the wrong way. No matter what anyone tells you, the show is filthy and is all about sex. Watch the following video for me to expound upon these ideas. And also let me tell you some about a girl who is as real as real can be (thanks Garth Brooks!), but is still very much a lady! As is always the case, the video is safe for all eyes and ears!
friends, I really do usually try to keep it to 2 minutes,
but I just couldn’t help it!
*I meant to say you will gain more than you miss by NOT watching that show…
1) I believe in free speech.
2) I have watched a few episodes of “Girls” (but I swear on my favorite lip gloss that I will never watch another one).
3) Sin is Sin
4) Wickedness NEVER was Happiness (Alma 41:10)
5) Don’t disregard a truth/ claim I make just cuz it’s churchy and you might not be into that kind of thing…
5) I don’t hate anyone (except for Satan)
6) I think that show has some good thematic substance, but the junk outweighs it BIG TIME.
7) Katherine doesn’t always look show-stoppin hot, but still keeps her clothes on…
8) Engaging in the sorts of behaviors that show portrays will NOT solve your problems. It will multiply them!
9) I never intend to be preachy or unkind or judgmental, but I ain’t afraid to have a strong opinion (duh!)
10) The devil twists truth for his own purposes (William Shakespeare, “The Merchant of Venice”)
YOU CAN BE CONFUSED ABOUT LIFE
WITHOUT HAVING RANDOM HOOK-UPS!
HBO? I think I’ll stick with H2O….
Pass this message/post along if ya wanna amigos.